Bologna International Airport was named after Guglielmo Marconi 40 years ago. On the anniversary year the airport is hosting a exhibition of radio receivers, transmitters and other devices from Marconi's industrial production. All objects come from the Museo della Comunicazione “G. Pelagalli”, a splendid collection of 2,000 objects explaining the history of communications over 250 years. The exhibition is open daily at the "Marconi Louge" on the first floor of the main airport building.
The exhibition includes a radio receiver built by Marconi Industries in England in 1923, tubes, a Morse station. Other objects will be exhibited in the next months to present the activity of Museo Pelagalli, a institution recognized in 2007 as Cultural Heritage by UNESCO.
Travellers in Bologna can visit the Museum at via Col di Lana 7/N.
Italian daily newspapere "La Repubblica" has also posted a photographic collection of the airport's exhibition on: http://bologna.repubblica.it/cronaca/2016/09/14/foto/i_cimeli_di_guglielmo_marconi_in_mostra_all_aeroporto_di_bologna-147791708/1/?ref=twhr×tamp=1473886662000&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=Twitter